Our company name is Hair and Beauty Retail Ltd, trading as Robert Calvin Hair and Beauty. Our website address is https://www.robertcalvin.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
– Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
– Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
– Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order.
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
– Send you information about your account and order
– Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
– Process payments and prevent fraud
– Set up your account for our store
– Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
– Improve our store offerings
– Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for a minimum of 4 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
Members of our team have access to the following information you provide us:
– Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
– Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
– Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
If you submit details on our contact forms you are directly supplying use of the information that you have given. You will also be supplying us with an IP address from the machine you used to submit the form. There are no hidden fields and we make no assumptions or groupings based on the information you supply.
The data you supply is used to make direct contact back to you. By submitting a form you have given consent for us to contact you in relation to the matter discussed or offered by the form.
Submissions from forms are stored in two ways;
a) An email is sent to one of our staff members who will contact you. The staff member will not use your data for any other purpose than communicating directly. Your data will be kept only by that staff member (unless your issue is passed to another staff member) and not kept any longer than necessary.
b) The data you submit along with your IP address is kept securely in our database as a backup. This is only kept if the email in (a) is not received. These backups are kept indefinitely.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profiles. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
By using our website you accept that we will store a cookie on your computer. This cookie will store information about your usage on our website but holds no personal information. This cookie is used for tracking your behaviour on our website and allow us to improve your experience and that of others. We do not personally identify you with this information. Your cookie for Google Analytics is stored for 26 months but is reset on each new activity. You can delete your own cookies by following instructions for your browser. For more information about cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Alternatively, you can search the internet for other independent information on cookies.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you want to access the information we hold please contact us. We may charge an admin fee of up to £10 to cover our costs.